Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on January 26, 2018, 02:10:40 pm

Title: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 26, 2018, 02:10:40 pm
Shot in May 2017 when the morning sun starts to hit part of the landscape in Val d'Orcia in Tuscany, Italy. It was shot with the Nikon D810 using the Nikon 70-200 f/4 VR lens at 160mm.

http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Workshops/Tuscany-workshop-May-2018/i-Hh6cc7T

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Workshops/Tuscany-workshop-May-2018/i-Hh6cc7T/4/ff96aff1/X3/DSC_6038-X3.jpg)
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: sarrasani on January 26, 2018, 08:37:45 pm
very fine tones, colours and compositions. Only, there are two spots in high-right zone.
All the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: RSL on January 27, 2018, 04:08:55 pm
Shouldn't be a problem to get the spots. Another winner, Hans. How far did you push the saturation slider?
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: francois on January 29, 2018, 04:44:36 am
This type of light is perfect to sculpt the Tuscan landscape.
Beautiful shot, Hans… Bravo!
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 29, 2018, 05:08:55 am
I like the softness of the green and purple hues.
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 29, 2018, 09:33:58 am
Another winner, Hans. How far did you push the saturation slider?
From my one visit to Tuscany, I think the saturation slider pushed-to-the-right is built in to the scenery.
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 29, 2018, 02:53:21 pm
Shouldn't be a problem to get the spots. Another winner, Hans. How far did you push the saturation slider?

Pay a visit, Russ. You'll realise he didn't push it at all.

Hans, when my bank balance has recovered from the Antarctic trip which I start tomorrow (I'm in the lounge at Heathrow as I type, waiting to board my flight to Santiago), I shall sign up to one of your Tuscany expeditions. Definitely.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: RSL on January 29, 2018, 03:51:54 pm
Love to, Jeremy, but I'm afraid these 88 year old bones (in a month and a half) might complain. In the meantime, as long as Hans keeps up the good work I won't need to make the trip.
Title: Re: Rolling hills in Tuscany
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 30, 2018, 03:39:01 pm
very fine tones, colours and compositions. Only, there are two spots in high-right zone.
All the best,
Sandro

Thanks very much Sandro and the spots are now gone from the website and thanks for pointing this out 😊

Shouldn't be a problem to get the spots. Another winner, Hans. How far did you push the saturation slider?

Thanks Russ 😊 and the saturation slider is hardly moved. The saturated colours are there at this time of year and saturation is coming from the contrast applied to the image via the contrast slider and white and black point.

This type of light is perfect to sculpt the Tuscan landscape.
Beautiful shot, Hans… Bravo!

Thanks very much Francois and this time of day when the light and shadows move by the rising sun is my favorite.

I like the softness of the green and purple hues.

Thanks Paulo 😊

From my one visit to Tuscany, I think the saturation slider pushed-to-the-right is built in to the scenery.

Thanks Eric 😊 pretty much yes.

Pay a visit, Russ. You'll realise he didn't push it at all.

Hans, when my bank balance has recovered from the Antarctic trip which I start tomorrow (I'm in the lounge at Heathrow as I type, waiting to board my flight to Santiago), I shall sign up to one of your Tuscany expeditions. Definitely.

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy and it would be a pleasure 😊

Love to, Jeremy, but I'm afraid these 88 year old bones (in a month and a half) might complain. In the meantime, as long as Hans keeps up the good work I won't need to make the trip.

Well Russ, my oldest participant so far was 84 years old. 😊