Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JudyKonopka on January 21, 2018, 11:55:58 am

Title: Green overcast Pro-2000
Post by: JudyKonopka on January 21, 2018, 11:55:58 am
Hello,

I am unsure of how to solve this. 

I am using Print Studio Pro (a Canon print utility) to print on my Pro-2000.  I have set the correct ICC profile (Hannehmule luster), but the closest media type using Print Studio Pro, was "Cannon Pro Luster".  This combination gives me a greenish cast.

However, from the regular print driver via Photoshop printing to the Canon Pro-2000, I can choose Ultra Premium Print Luster as the Media Type and the Hannhemule ICC Profile, which gives me a wonderful black and white print on the Pro-2000. 

Eventually, I would like to print 4 up via Print Studio Pro, but don't know how to get around these greenish cast.  Any ideas?
Title: Re: Green overcast Pro-2000
Post by: Panagiotis on January 21, 2018, 01:09:26 pm
Hello,

I am unsure of how to solve this. 

I am using Print Studio Pro (a Canon print utility) to print on my Pro-2000.  I have set the correct ICC profile (Hannehmule luster), but the closest media type using Print Studio Pro, was "Cannon Pro Luster".  This combination gives me a greenish cast.

However, from the regular print driver via Photoshop printing to the Canon Pro-2000, I can choose Ultra Premium Print Luster as the Media Type and the Hannhemule ICC Profile, which gives me a wonderful black and white print on the Pro-2000. 

Eventually, I would like to print 4 up via Print Studio Pro, but don't know how to get around these greenish cast.  Any ideas?

A comment:
Hahnemuhle profile for PhotoLuster260/290 for your printer was made with "Canon Prem-Semigloss 2 280" media setting. You should use this media setting.
An idea:
When in PSP some media information is missing try to "Update Media Information in Printer Driver" p.513 in manual.
Title: Re: Green overcast Pro-2000
Post by: JudyKonopka on January 21, 2018, 01:16:19 pm
A comment:
Hahnemuhle profile for PhotoLuster260/290 for your printer was made with "Canon Prem-Semigloss 2 280" media setting. You should use this media setting.
An idea:
When in PSP some media information is missing try to "Update Media Information in Printer Driver" p.513 in manual.


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where did you find this information (just in case I need to figure out another paper?).  I just downloaded PSP 3 days ago. Wouldn't it be the latest?

Title: Re: Green overcast Pro-2000
Post by: Panagiotis on January 21, 2018, 01:23:42 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where did you find this information (just in case I need to figure out another paper?).  I just downloaded PSP 3 days ago. Wouldn't it be the latest?
I went in Hahnemuhle website and I downloaded the icc profile for PhotoLuster and PRO-2000. Inside the zip is a pdf document with instructions how to set up the printer for the specified media.
The procedure for updating the media information is common with the other PRO-series printers as the 1000 I use :).
Title: Re: Green overcast Pro-2000
Post by: JudyKonopka on January 21, 2018, 01:30:16 pm
There were updates, even though I downloaded the app 3 days ago, thanks again!  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, much appreciated!