Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on January 15, 2018, 04:46:37 am

Title: Carcavelos at dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 15, 2018, 04:46:37 am
Again, another foray into my close-to-home beach. This time trying out the Loxia 85 lens. I was trying to get some wave "action".
Regards.

Title: Re: Carcavelos at dawn
Post by: francois on January 15, 2018, 05:29:59 am
I quite like this new set of photos. My favorite is the last one, I like the movement in the waves. The first one is a bit surprising. I like the vista but the orange foreground combined with the industrial buildings (left side) gives an impression of some toxic stuff in the water.
Title: Re: Carcavelos at dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 15, 2018, 08:37:25 am
I quite like this new set of photos. My favorite is the last one, I like the movement in the waves. The first one is a bit surprising. I like the vista but the orange foreground combined with the industrial buildings (left side) gives an impression of some toxic stuff in the water.

Thanks Francois. The orange in the water is due to the nearby artificial illumination. The cranes in the background are busy building the new Business School of Carcavelos.
Title: Re: Carcavelos at dawn
Post by: francois on January 15, 2018, 10:39:52 am
Thanks Francois. The orange in the water is due to the nearby artificial illumination. The cranes in the background are busy building the new Business School of Carcavelos.

Thanks for providing additional info. I figured out that the orange glow in the water was caused by some non-natural light and not by toxic waste or mud.
Title: Re: Carcavelos at dawn
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 15, 2018, 03:12:03 pm
The second is intriguing. I've done quite a few splash shots, but all with very short exposures, to freeze the splash. I like your longer-exposure effect and shall stea... er, adapt it for my own use.

Jeremy