Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on January 04, 2018, 03:45:48 pm

Title: More Graphics
Post by: RSL on January 04, 2018, 03:45:48 pm
Pots
Title: Re: More Graphics
Post by: petermfiore on January 04, 2018, 04:58:57 pm
Hi Russ,

Great shot...Love the pattern.

I've included one of my graphic images.
Could be a new category.

Peter
Title: Re: More Graphics
Post by: John R on January 04, 2018, 06:44:13 pm
Hi Russ,

Great shot...Love the pattern.

I've included one of my graphic images.
Could be a new category.

Peter
Maybe guys, but I think they are abstract-like myself. Of course they are 'graphic" also. I guessed Peter took these kinds of shots, but never would have guessed Russ did. Russ, love the use of negative space in your "pots" shot. What would Peter's shot be without those verticals to unify the overall image. Good eye!

JR
Title: Re: More Graphics
Post by: RSL on January 05, 2018, 09:19:27 am
Great idea, Peter. The graphics thread could end up being as big and never-ending as the climate change politics thread over on The Coffee Corner.

Here's another. And, John, seems to me that many examples of what we call abstract are simply graphic illustrations.