Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on December 31, 2017, 06:01:58 pm

Title: Storm
Post by: armand on December 31, 2017, 06:01:58 pm
Some drama on the lake
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: armand on December 31, 2017, 06:09:14 pm
and few more

As a side note there is a combination of camera/lenses as the first combo, a Nikon D750 with the 24-120 got covered in ice and I couldn't clean the front element. The windchill was probably deep in the negative Fahrenheit (was about 8F without the wind). The Fuji X-T2 was surprisingly easy to use with gloves, if anything as easy as the D750 which I did not expect. The focus point was easier to move with the joystick than with the 4-way controller.
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 31, 2017, 06:41:34 pm
Wild stuff!
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: armand on January 01, 2018, 09:26:48 am
One problem I have is selecting the best shots, there were many compelling and it’s a little difficult to put myself in the position of someone who didn’t see those first hand.
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2018, 11:05:14 am
One problem I have is selecting the best shots, there were many compelling and it’s a little difficult to put myself in the position of someone who didn’t see those first hand.
I like them all, but my picks at this moment would be, in order, storm-3, storm-7, and storm-8.
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: degrub on January 01, 2018, 11:52:50 am
or as a time sequence
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: churly on January 01, 2018, 12:21:28 pm
Nice dynamic shots.  Lake Michigan?
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: armand on January 01, 2018, 04:27:57 pm
Nice dynamic shots.  Lake Michigan?

Yes, the lower eastern shore
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: armand on January 16, 2018, 11:28:21 am
Went through that session and I came up with few more
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: armand on January 16, 2018, 05:24:27 pm
Well, after some debate I settled on and printed these 2 (a little more cropping and processing vs the initial versions)
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 16, 2018, 10:38:44 pm
Good choices.
Title: Re: Storm
Post by: Telecaster on January 17, 2018, 12:37:00 am
That's quite a bounty to choose from! I agree with Eric on these last two.

-Dave-