Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Bob_B on December 29, 2017, 06:10:19 pm

Title: Winter Orchids: Gilded Tower 'Mystic Maze'
Post by: Bob_B on December 29, 2017, 06:10:19 pm
Given that the daytime temperature is in the low 20's (F) and it feels every bit like winter here in Maryland, I take great delight in having orchids in bloom at this time of the year. One variety that I am especially proud of is Brascidostele Gilded Tower 'Mystic Maze'. It is one serious hybrid, having been derived from plants in the genera Ada, Brassia and Odontoglossum, all of which are members of the larger Oncidium group of South American orchids. Those of you familiar with orchid species may be able to detect some of the Brassia "spider orchid" traits in this hybrid's flowers, which, while pretty, do not have a fragrance.

I hope you enjoy these photos. Happy 2018 to you and yours!

Title: Re: Winter Orchids: Gilded Tower 'Mystic Maze'
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 29, 2017, 07:12:09 pm
That's the most spectacular orchid I've seen so far.
Nice work.
Title: Re: Winter Orchids: Gilded Tower 'Mystic Maze'
Post by: Bob_B on December 30, 2017, 07:22:01 am
Thanks Eric, and Happy New Year.