Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: KevinA on December 21, 2017, 08:55:12 pm

Title: Profoto A1 any use for film cameras?
Post by: KevinA on December 21, 2017, 08:55:12 pm
I see Profoto make the A1 for Canon and Nikon digital, does it work or which features would work if using it with vintage film cameras?
Any advantage over using it against any other portable flash unit?
I have Canon and Pentax digital but I also like shooting film (Rolleiflex, Leica, Pentax 67, Large Format), I can't find anything about using them with non dedicated cameras.

Cheers,

Kevin.
Title: Re: Profoto A1 any use for film cameras?
Post by: matted on December 23, 2017, 11:39:22 pm
It will make your wallet lighter, but I’m not sure if that is an advantage ;)

Unless there is a specific modifier available for it I can’t see what an advantage would be... I think TTL would only work with semi-modern Nikon/Canon cameras... perhaps the F100,F5,F6 in Nikon world but even that may be a stretch. Unlikely that it would work (in TTL mode, anyway) with any vintage cameras. Without TTL it is just a hotshoe flash, that costs a lot of money.