Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Robert Boire on December 19, 2017, 12:49:20 pm
-
Hi
I have used Epson 2880 profiles for many years, in particular the SPR2880 UPrmLstr SprPhto.icc profile for Ultra Premium Photo Paper Lustre. Recently I was obliged to completely reinstall my computer. Alas the profiles at the Epson support site (https://epson.ca/Support/wa00376) does not include this profile, or for that matter any other profile that can be associated with this paper. Furthermore the profiles that are there appear to be older (2008) than the ones I was using (2010).
Does anybody have any ideas why this is the case or where I can find the right profiles?
I have tried to contact Epson, but have not had much luck so far.
Thanks
Robert
-
You may not get newer paper profiles for older (if not discontinued models) since these printers are not readily available to create the profile from (on the manufacturer's end). So, it's best to use to closest paper setting that you would currently have from the drivers you get from Epson (or any manufacturer on that part).
If those "canned" profiles to give you the quality you're looking for, a custom profile is the next best option to ensure it's set up for that paper to match your printer's ink.
-
I just looked at the profile download list in the link you provided and it seems to be the third item on the list. Why not try that one and see whether it's satisfactory.
-
From Epson's site for driver and software downloads, they don't state anything current for Legacy and latest drivers from 2013.
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Single-Function-Inkjet-Printers/Epson-Stylus-Series/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R2880/s/SPT_C11CA16201
Hopefully the other link may have it.
-
If you install the driver, all currently available and supported Epson media should have profiles installed at the same time.
-
If you install the driver, all currently available and supported Epson media should have profiles installed at the same time.
This is precisely what I did...but the profile I was expecting was not there (it was while I was looking for it in Lightroom that I noticed it was not there).
I just looked at the profile download list in the link you provided and it seems to be the third item on the list. Why not try that one and see whether it's satisfactory.
This is precisely what I did, several times... but the profile still was not there...
Then I tried deleting all the profiles and reinstalling from the link above....And lo and behold it showed up. Not sure why, but problem solved anyways.
Thanks
-
Good!