Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 19, 2017, 10:48:00 am

Title: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: RSL on December 19, 2017, 10:48:00 am
.
Title: Re: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 19, 2017, 11:06:42 am
Delightful.

With all those screens you don't even need to bring your iPad or iPhone to lunch.

Eric
Title: Re: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: RSL on December 19, 2017, 12:07:38 pm
Thanks, Eric. It might be interesting to some to know that the shutter speed on that shot was 1/2 second. I was hand-holding the camera, but the Olympus VR is excellent. You can see a bit of motion in the people, but everything else is sharp.
Title: Re: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: JNB_Rare on December 19, 2017, 12:22:26 pm
Great shot. Classic Americana. The Olympus IBIS (in-body-image-stabilization) is pretty amazing.
Title: Re: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 19, 2017, 01:38:32 pm
Russ,

When I'm as old as you are (it will take me a few more years to catch up), maybe I'll be able to hand-hold a half second that well too.   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: Lunch at Beef 'O' Brady's
Post by: BobDavid on December 23, 2017, 01:55:31 am
I know that scene well. When I lived in Lakeland, Florida there was a Beef 'O' Brady's a few miles away from home. The Pen F is an amazing camera. I've been mostly using it with the 12-100 f/4 with optical stabilization. Combine that with IBIS and it's possible to drink six cups of coffee and get a sharp image at 1/4" at 100mm.

A bit of a nostalgic pic for me.

Lucky that you caught static scenes on the TV sets.

+1