Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: enduser on December 16, 2017, 09:15:16 pm

Title: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: enduser on December 16, 2017, 09:15:16 pm
Mark D Segal request. When working with SilverFast did you try their profile-making system using a profiled scanner?  Thanks.
Title: Re: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: Mark D Segal on December 16, 2017, 11:58:44 pm
Their scanner profiling algorithm characterizes how the scanner interprets the colours of the media being profiled.
Title: Re: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: Stefan Ohlsson on December 17, 2017, 05:20:08 am
Mark D Segal request. When working with SilverFast did you try their profile-making system using a profiled scanner?  Thanks.
You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options? I've tried its once, several years ago, and I keep the profile that was generated when I demonstrate how you use ColorThink to find a bad profile. It was really bad.

But I said, this was many years ago, so maybe they have improved this function.
Title: Re: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: Mark D Segal on December 17, 2017, 10:14:31 am
You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options? I've tried its once, several years ago, and I keep the profile that was generated when I demonstrate how you use ColorThink to find a bad profile. It was really bad.

But I said, this was many years ago, so maybe they have improved this function.

Oh - if this is what "enduser" is thinking of, then the answer to your question is yes, I have tried it. I, perhaps erroneously, thought his question was about scanner profiling.
Title: Re: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: enduser on December 17, 2017, 06:39:00 pm
After one "bad" in this thread and a "bad" in another thread, and no way to test as a demo - well, no further interest. Thanks to those who commented.
Title: Re: SilverFast profiles.
Post by: digitaldog on December 18, 2017, 10:47:33 am
You mean the printer profiles that can be made with some of the SilverFast options?
I did, sometime late last year, early this year: the printer profiles were absolutely awful and useless. Don't go there!  ;D