Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Kevin Raber on December 14, 2017, 05:32:06 pm

Title: New Article Posted - The Leica Story - Manufacturing and Assembly
Post by: Kevin Raber on December 14, 2017, 05:32:06 pm
Our Leica story continues with the latest post on the homepage.  This video we focus on manufacturing and assembly of Leica products.  I interview Svetomir “Tommy” Stankovic – Director Of Manufacturing Operations.  It's interesting to listen and see what it takes to get all the variety of Leica products out the door.  You can read the latest article and see the video HERE (https://luminous-landscape.com/leica-story-manufacturing-assembly/)
Title: Re: New Article Posted - The Leica Story - Manufacturing and Assembly
Post by: adias on December 14, 2017, 11:09:42 pm
Yes, that's the typical high-quality german manufacturing company. You ought to visit the German auto manufacturing at Porsche, Mercedes, others, to appreciate what high-quality, assembler-empowered, just-in-time (JIT) production line is all about.
Title: Re: New Article Posted - The Leica Story - Manufacturing and Assembly
Post by: Rob C on December 17, 2017, 11:36:15 am
And there you have it: in contrast to my flattish emotional response to the lens segment, this one held me throughout.

I think that the difference, for me, is that I have worked in engineering and, consequently, have some appreciation for what it entails; in essence, I suppose, it's much more than a dry, theoretical discussion about something I'm not likely to be buying and, consequently, about which I can't claim to be thrilled.

I also liked the low glow, from what I imagine was a reflector, playing on the two principal characters. Happy lighting!

Rob
Title: Re: New Article Posted - The Leica Story - Manufacturing and Assembly
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on December 17, 2017, 12:19:21 pm
I also liked the low glow, from what I imagine was a reflector, playing on the two principal characters. Happy lighting!
serendipitous from available display case lighting at very different WB and which incidentally led to some heavy grading on my part. Not absolutely certain as to its success...
Title: Re: New Article Posted - The Leica Story - Manufacturing and Assembly
Post by: Rob C on December 17, 2017, 12:53:43 pm
serendipitous from available display case lighting at very different WB and which incidentally led to some heavy grading on my part. Not absolutely certain as to its success...


That's what happens when you're too close to a project: wood, trees?

I thought it had a beautiful golden glow! Enjoy for what it is, not what it might have been; very serendipitous indeed.

:-)

Rob