Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on December 13, 2017, 05:47:07 pm

Title: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 13, 2017, 05:47:07 pm
A peek out my studio window...

Petert
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: PeterAit on December 13, 2017, 05:54:51 pm
A peek out my studio window...

Petert

I want your studio!
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 13, 2017, 06:00:51 pm
I want your studio!

You can't have it...lol.  I still need it.

Peter
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: DougDolde on December 13, 2017, 06:29:50 pm
No thanks 70 and sunny today in Joshua Tree
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: RSL on December 13, 2017, 07:48:05 pm
Love the pink sky, Peter, but brrrrr...
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 13, 2017, 08:08:18 pm
Doug and Russ,

What can I say...born and raised in the northeast. Love the winters here. such a sense of calm like no other. It's also my life's work. Painting winter.

Peter
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2017, 12:05:34 am
Doug and Russ,

What can I say...born and raised in the northeast. Love the winters here. such a sense of calm like no other. It's also my life's work. Painting winter.

Peter
I love winter, too. I just wish it could be a little less cold and still just as beautiful.

Eric
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Rob C on December 14, 2017, 04:11:29 am
Eric's right: only it's better on postcards and preferably somewhere I'm not.

Winters, for me, are not about Santa but about my shirts coming in from a Scottish washing line stiff, arms outstretched as if inhabited by thin ghosts.

Winters in Mallorca are wonderful during the sunshine period, but murder when that Sun goes down. Winter rain is the most depressing type there is: just one degree removed from sleet, it chills you to the bone and getting home helps very little: the walls are either hollow blocks or solid stone, neither of which acually scream welcome. Heating? The utilities company laughs out loud as you run up a fortune in bills, reluctantly and unavoidably heating the garden outside.

Ceylon, anyone?

;-)

Rob

Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 14, 2017, 09:13:22 am
I love winter, too. I just wish it could be a little less cold and still just as beautiful.

Eric
Hi Eric,
Is that possible??

Peter
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: GrahamBy on December 14, 2017, 09:17:37 am
I love winter, too. I just wish it could be a little less cold and still just as beautiful.

Eric

Hmm, Ice-9 ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-nine
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: RSL on December 14, 2017, 09:31:53 am
Doug and Russ,

What can I say...born and raised in the northeast. Love the winters here. such a sense of calm like no other. It's also my life's work. Painting winter.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm  not exactly unfamiliar with winter. I was born and raised in Michigan, spent a couple years in Rapid City, South Dakota, a total of five years in Great Falls, Montana on two different tours (temperature one morning -45), spent three years in Beausejour, Manitoba, and except for a year's break in Southeast Asia, fifty years in the Colorado Springs area. Within reason, I love snow. The best snow always was in Colorado Springs. A blizzard would whip through, drop a bunch of snow, and three days later the snow would be gone. The roads wouldn't get very sloppy because at around 6,000+ feet the stuff tends to sublime rather than melt.
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on December 14, 2017, 10:49:43 am
 Nice shot Peter, what State are you in?

 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 14, 2017, 12:25:00 pm
Hi Eric,
Is that possible??

Peter
I don't think so.

Unless I can find a source for Graham's Ice-9.

Eric
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 14, 2017, 02:30:26 pm
Nice shot Peter, what State are you in?

 Kevin in CT
Northeast corner of PA. In truth the easter most town in PA.

Peter
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: petermfiore on December 14, 2017, 02:32:53 pm
I don't think so.

Unless I can find a source for Graham's Ice-9.

Eric

Just on the other side of our Cat's Cradle.

Peter
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Patricia Sheley on December 16, 2017, 10:33:44 pm
Agreed, something there is about approaching solstice light~
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: BobDavid on December 17, 2017, 12:43:37 am
Russ is right about Colorado. The snow doesn't melt, it evaporates. This is the first winter I've experienced since moving away from Boston in 2003. After fourteen years in Florida, I'm enjoying winter in the high plains of Boulder County.

I'm no stranger to winter. I was born and raised in Omaha (eastern Nebraska), lived in Minneapolis for four years, and then Boston for 21. Boston winters are the worst: damp, cold, and grey. The lack of sunlight and short days drove me batty. I'd take winter in Minneapolis over Boston.

As for Colorado, the winter light is beautiful--mostly sunny.
Title: Re: A peek out my studio window
Post by: Alskoj on December 17, 2017, 11:00:14 am

As for Colorado, the winter light is beautiful--mostly sunny.
+1!