Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: luxborealis on December 10, 2017, 09:19:37 am
-
This is but one of the many of the interesting rock features on the coastal walk been Arnarstapi and Hellnar on the Snæfellsnes peninsula in Iceland. Lava rock is such a joy to photograph.
-
Beautiful!
-
Love this image Terry, great work.
-
That is a beauty, Terry!
-
Very fineshot Terry.
Chuck
-
Good shot, Terry. The splash of green emphasises the stark black and white of the rocks.
Jeremy
-
Jaw-Dropping, not much to add.
-
Fine photo.
-
+1. Exceptional.
-
This is but one of the many of the interesting rock features on the coastal walk been Arnarstapi and Hellnar on the Snæfellsnes peninsula in Iceland. Lava rock is such a joy to photograph.
I like it and at the same time admit that I have never been on Iceland, except on transit to Greenland.
-
Excellent..!
Have you tried a mono conversion Terry?
Don't actually know if it would enhance this image by doing so, but nice contrasty detail like that can sometimes really come alive as a b/w, but only sometimes ;)
Dave
-
Excellent..!
Have you tried a mono conversion Terry?
Don't actually know if it would enhance this image by doing so, but nice contrasty detail like that can sometimes really come alive as a b/w, but only sometimes ;)
Dave
Hi Dave,
Yes, I did. In fact, it was how I had first envisioned the photograph. While the B&W was a strong photograph, I found the loss in colour of the green moss took away a “landing point” for the eye, making for a slightly weaker presentation than the colour.
Terry
-
Masterful !
-
Thanks, everyone for your encouraging feedback. It’s certainly a photograph that works for me.