Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on December 10, 2017, 08:43:27 am

Title: Arctic fur
Post by: Hans Kruse on December 10, 2017, 08:43:27 am
I call this image arctic fur as this is kind of what it reminds me of. It is one of these cases where you have stunning landscapes around you and right at your feet you have the picture.

I hope you like it. It was shot on Lofoten in February 2017 and with the Canon 5DSR and the Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II lens.

(https://photos.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Lofoten/i-dPqB9Hz/0/4b044125/X3/_P4A4018-X3.jpg)
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: John Cothron on December 10, 2017, 09:05:04 am
Very fitting title :)  Good eye, the contrast in form and color is very interesting.
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 10, 2017, 11:43:30 am
Very fitting title :)  Good eye, the contrast in form and color is very interesting.
+1.
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: francois on December 11, 2017, 04:05:25 am
I love it but initially I thought that you stumbled on a frozen mammoth carcass!
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 11, 2017, 05:26:36 am
Interesting, and quite different from what you normally post.
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on December 11, 2017, 08:50:18 am
 Hans, very nicely seen, captured, and processed!

 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Arctic fur
Post by: Hans Kruse on December 11, 2017, 09:23:18 am
Very fitting title :)  Good eye, the contrast in form and color is very interesting.

Thanks John and glad you liked it. There were so many interesting shapes with the ice and snow on Lofoten. It all depends on that there is little snow on the ground.

I love it but initially I thought that you stumbled on a frozen mammoth carcass!

Thanks Francois and the scenery in general would nicely fit a real mommoth  :)

Interesting, and quite different from what you normally post.

Thanks Paulo and you are right. I do often take photos of details but I'm not posting so much of these sbots.

Hans, very nicely seen, captured, and processed!

 Kevin in CT

Thanks Kevin and it is often a question of looking at something else than the big scenery and almost like shooting with a long lens picking out a detail of the landscape.