Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on December 08, 2017, 10:59:49 am
-
.
-
If it's good enough for Puccini...Nice capture.
Peter
-
Thanks, Peter. Wish I could get out more. Street's still my favorite thing.
-
Nice, Russ. I might have tried not to include the sign at the extreme left.
Jeremy
(note the absence of any suggestion of cropping ;))
-
Actually, I probably can remove that sign without cropping. Ain't Photoshop wonderful?
-
Actually, I probably can remove that sign without cropping. Ain't Photoshop wonderful?
It is...all that!!!
Peter
-
Thanks, Peter. Wish I could get out more. Street's still my favorite thing.
You have my sympathy.
I've been looking forward to rain and dramatic light, and now that it's here I'm too damned cold to take advantage of it. Raynaud knocks hell out of your fingers and their abilty (and one's willingness to expose 'em) to do much when they turn white and painful.
I sent my daughter that snap of the girl sticking her 'phone in her ear and her immediate response was stop! I'd get smacked on the nose or taken to court or both. Encouraging stuff. Maybe I am too old for this modern world after all.
Better take up still life. Ms Coke? You still there?
;-(
Rob
-
You have my sympathy.
I've been looking forward to rain and dramatic light, and now that it's here I'm too damned cold to take advantage of it. Raynaud knocks hell out of your fingers and their abilty (and one's willingness to expose 'em) to do much when they turn white and painful.
I sent my daughter that snap of the girl sticking her 'phone in her ear and her immediate response was stop! I'd get smacked on the nose or taken to court or both. Encouraging stuff. Maybe I am too old for this modern world after all.
Better take up still life. Ms Coke? You still there?
;-(
Rob
Here in the USA you could be guilty of visual abusive behavior...very trying times!!
-
Here in the USA you could be guilty of visual abusive behavior...very trying times!!
I can see that being fair enough if one was making somebody look stupid, was too intimate, or something like that. Just relaxing to music seems innocent enough, as does shooting a scene like that. But I suppose you never can tell how these things might be turned into money or worse. Perhaps artistic claims may mitigate in some cases...
I guess a clue may be found in the actual motivation: in this case, I think it was probably to see if the iPad could do it or, rather, if I could make the thing do it. At a broader glance - perhaps I just like the idea of the feeling that HC-B and his kind of photographer were/are able to produce. I suppose it's like hunting: can your reactions be quick enough? With photography there's the added task of being quick, but actually catching something worthwhile at the same time. Brenda Lee has just started singing Sweet nothin' on the Internet radio. Today, for a change, it's a revamped, Internet version of Radio Caroline instead of sounds out of Louisiana.
https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Caroline-Flashback-s249564/
Rob
-
Nice. I had one of these dogs, very special memories- well captured