Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on December 05, 2017, 01:21:25 pm
-
Yesterday, south of Isle de Jean Charles, Louisiana.
Richard
richardwallerphotos.com
-
I really like how you make (apparently) uninteresting locations come alive.
-
Nice minimalist congruence.
-
Nice minimalist congruence.
+1.
-
Thank you Paulo, Eric and Scott.
That you fellows like this foto is a huge encouragement to me.
With a camera in a little boat I'm trying to document an ecosystem that's quickly dying- an acre/half a hectare every hour.
Hopefully some viewers will find these interesting enough to understand their context.
Richard
PS- Paulo, your comment is music to my ears !
-
Though this is rather not the context you meant, the picture reminded me instantly of P H Emerson ... in a colorful way, obviously. But, maybe it's not that far away, even, as he also kind of captures the vanishing.
-
Just looked at some fotos of P.H. Emerson. Very compelling !
Thank you for informing me about his work. I do see a similarity in purpose. But not an artistic achievement.
To me, photography can be a powerful historic record and that's what I'm after.
Many thanks.