Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: HSakols on December 05, 2017, 09:53:35 am

Title: Late Fall, Merced River Color
Post by: HSakols on December 05, 2017, 09:53:35 am
I captured this moment in El Portal on Saturday, late afternoon.  The days are particularly short living at the bottom of a canyon. 
Title: Re: Late Fall, Merced River Color
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 06, 2017, 04:39:33 am
Good light on the shrubs.
Title: Re: Late Fall, Merced River Color
Post by: MattBurt on December 06, 2017, 12:02:33 pm
Love the backlight against shadows!
Title: Re: Late Fall, Merced River Color
Post by: PeterAit on December 08, 2017, 11:50:49 am
I captured this moment in El Portal on Saturday, late afternoon.  The days are particularly short living at the bottom of a canyon.

I commend you for not falling victim to the "cotton water" crapola. Your water looks like actual water!! Very nice photo.
Title: Re: Late Fall, Merced River Color
Post by: cgarnerhome on December 08, 2017, 06:52:51 pm
I think is possible you may have offended a lot of great photographers with the cotton water comment - like Ansel Adams, John Sexton and Michael Kenna to name a few:)