Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on December 04, 2017, 12:58:31 pm
-
This is a couple of hours from home and we decided to visit for the day on Saturday. It was beautiful and calm and we stayed up on the high dune until sunset. I was hoping for a nice moonrise but low clouds delayed it until the contrast was too much for landscape + moon shots. Still a worthy trip without a good moon photo. The creek rarely flows this time of year but it has been a wet fall so that was neat to see.
Incidentally, there were some ultralight aircraft buzzing around and I saw on his Instagram later it was one of my adventure photo heroes, Renan Ozturk shooting for National Geographic!
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4557/37935118715_6e718b5b23_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZNcp9X)IMGP2240-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZNcp9X) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4531/23956893167_e2b265a8f8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CuZkGc)IMGP2270-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/CuZkGc) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
We decided to jump in one too. 8)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4551/37914038915_1090ddc54b_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZLkmS8)IMGP2594-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZLkmS8) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4574/38831750121_b0fae17591_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/22aqSr8)IMGP2599-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/22aqSr8) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4530/37914044825_735e990a13_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZLkoC2)IMGP2653-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZLkoC2) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
Fine shots all, Matt, but the B&W is outstanding.
Jeremy
-
Fine shots all, Matt, but the B&W is outstanding.
Jeremy
I agree!
Eric
-
Very nice set. Love the dog. Looks like you can camp on the dunes?
-
Very nice set. Love the dog. Looks like you can camp on the dunes?
Thanks! She is a little crazy at times but usually a lot of fun on an adventure.
They do allow it with a permit. No fires and you have to pack it all out. I hope to do it, maybe for a new moon starry night sometime.
-
I like them all, but that b&w is fantastic.
-
I like #4! Just wish there weren't any foot prints. But I'm weird like that.
-
Agreed on the mono, insane capture but I do like the family shot!
Mark
-
This is a couple of hours from home and we decided to visit for the day on Saturday.
We were there with the Whippets the 9th of last month, really a great location. See the stream is still there (we got are feet wet). In fact, looks a lot bigger! The 'pano' is actually from the iPhone X! Other's a 5DMII. Have you gone much father south to White Sands? It's even better!
-
I like #4! Just wish there weren't any foot prints. But I'm weird like that.
I would have preferred that too but this is what I got. The next day was very windy and it was surely the Etch-a-Sketch shake-up. It must have been calm for a while before my visit. But the footprints can also add to a story although whether they do here or not is certainly debatable.
I'm glad you guys like the B&W. That place is always good for some nice mono images. Such strong graphic shapes with dunes, shadows, and clouds.
We were there with the Whippets the 9th of last month, really a great location. See the stream is still there (we got are feet wet). In fact, looks a lot bigger! The 'pano' is actually from the iPhone X! Other's a 5DMII. Have you gone much father south to White Sands? It's even better!
Yes, I was impressed with the flow! Looks like the whippets had a good time. Plenty of room to run there, that is for sure.
I have been further South but not to White Sands. One day! I work in Taos regularly and will be back there this weekend.
-
A few more I just edited.
-
Good series.
-
I've always been intrigued by this place, but have never been there. Nice shadows and lines - It would be particularly nice after a wind storm that removes the footprints! Your dogs look like they are in bliss!