Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: danielc on December 02, 2017, 11:56:00 pm

Title: Epson Pro 4800 - Small line appearing on roll media (pics attached)
Post by: danielc on December 02, 2017, 11:56:00 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Epson 4800, it's hard to describe to even know what to be googling to fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/oADyH

The problem appears to be the head striking the page I think.

- It always happens in the same spot relative to the start of printing
- It only happens with roll media
- It only happens with the platen gap set to "Auto" When I manually set the platen gap to "Wide" it dissapears, however the quality of the print suffers
- It only happens with small images, which is unfortunate as these are the ones I reproduce commonly for sale. (16" x 5.33" and 16" x 8")

I suspect that the roll of the paper combined with the smallness of the print is causing the head to strike, I'd just like to try and find a solution from the experts.

Cheers,
Dan
Title: Re: Epson Pro 4800 - Small line appearing on roll media (pics attached)
Post by: mearussi on December 03, 2017, 01:02:09 pm
Have you done the usual maintenance like cleaning the wiper blade and head?