Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RobMacKillop on December 01, 2017, 09:48:06 am

Title: Weathered Metal
Post by: RobMacKillop on December 01, 2017, 09:48:06 am
This is part of a landscape art installation in metal. The older it gets, the more beautiful it looks.

Fuji XT20, XC 16-55mm. Developed in Iridient developer, with watermark added in LR. I used a lot of negative EV for the darkness, with the sun illuminating just this part of the object. I'd like to try it again with a better lens, but this one did a not bad job.

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4547/38764321711_9ef421ae31_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/224thjk) (https://flic.kr/p/224thjk)
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: JNB_Rare on December 01, 2017, 10:08:49 am
Lovely. Beautiful form, and I like the texture and colour (the 'patina', I guess some would call it). It's not at all apparent what a different lens might bring to the picture.
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: RobMacKillop on December 01, 2017, 10:12:10 am
I guess so. Thanks for your comments. Yes, patina is the word I would use too. Cheers.
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 01, 2017, 02:51:55 pm
I agree with JNB. This is quite beautiful and elegant.

Eric
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: RobMacKillop on December 01, 2017, 05:26:58 pm
Cheers, Eric. Glad you like it.
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: Alskoj on December 01, 2017, 09:20:32 pm
I like it's simplicity.  Sometimes we try to do too much with our images.
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: John R on December 02, 2017, 12:14:51 am
Love the glow of Rembrandt.

JR
Title: Re: Weathered Metal
Post by: RobMacKillop on December 02, 2017, 03:58:33 am
Yes, Alskoj, simplicity is helpful sometimes. Thanks for your comment.

John, you said the magic name: Rembrandt, my favourite artist. A master of light, for sure.