Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Kevin Sholder on November 30, 2017, 08:30:39 pm
-
I'm looking for inexpensive or free apps for an iPhone to replace the old apps that are no longer supported with IOS 11. The two apps I had worked great and was wondering if there were any recommendations before I start trying out the many apps that are showing up. The two apps I used were called: DOF Master and LongExposure, both free and were great tools. These are simple apps used only to calculate the data for use with my DSLR. Not to take pictures with my iPhone.
Thanks for your suggestions and input!!
Kevin
-
Lumariver DoF is very comprehensive and can incorporate tilt. For film, ReciprocityTimer is still kicking on iOS 11, though hasn't been updated in a while.
-
Alan,
Thank you for the suggestions, the Lumariver DoF app looks promising, but the ReciprocityTimer, isn't what I was looking for. I found something LEE Stopper, but it's not variable, meaning I can't put in my ND values as it's fixed for their ND filters. I can calculate as needed, but really liked my old app.
Thanks again for the reply!!
Kevin
-
Here are the photo apps I use most on my iPhone. They may or may not fit your needs. I don't mind paying for something that gives me value.
- NDTimer
- TPE (The Photographers Ephemeris)
- Photopills
-
Thanks Ron, I also use TPE (The Photographers Ephemeris) and have heard about Photopills before. I'll be checking it and NDTimer out as well.