Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: eronald on November 30, 2017, 08:07:03 pm
-
Mindblowing.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1716883695/isolite-the-worlds-first-intelligent-light-modifie
Edmund
-
Nice,
but only black and white. :(
...and no Broncolor. :(
-
So only black and white- it plays with RGB?
But indeed very interesting idea!
But maybe i already have the hardware to do that...
-
You can only change the level of individual lights after the shot, not their position or the type of modifier. And it only works in B&W. Seems like a gimmick to me.
-
Seems like a gimmick to me.
+1. But some love such gimmicks.
-
Every kickstarter bothers me. How many have come to market, how many stay and there is little information about further updates like color or motion footage, etc.
IMO
BC
-
Every kickstarter bothers me. How many have come to market, how many stay and there is little information about further updates like color or motion footage, etc.
Speaking about my personnal experience in the past 3-4 years:
- Kickstarter: 48 out 54 funded projects ended up with product delivery (most of them late by a few months though), 4 are pending delivery, 2 are dead for good.
- Indiegogo: 0 out of 1 funded project ended up with product Delivery (I lost 800 US$).
Overall crowd funding has worked well for me so far.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
I'm very surprised by the delivery statistic. I guess the real question is what percentage are a commercial success. Of course, we could then have a discussion defining commercial success. I would think if 20% were successful that would be a good hit rate. I guess what I'm saying is delivering a product is not a very good measure.
-
Every kickstarter bothers me.
I've worked/paid with maybe three, all worked out to my satisfaction.
-
You have much better judgement as to what would work than I do!