Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: MichaelEzra on November 27, 2017, 06:42:21 pm

Title: 645z DCP profile
Post by: MichaelEzra on November 27, 2017, 06:42:21 pm
ColorChecker passport 1.1.1 supports larger files apparently, so I just made with it a new dual illuminant DNG DCP profile.
If you need one - download it here: https://michaelezra.com/tech-stuff
The profile is very small, but gives pretty good color, lively and without  casts. I noticed a little-bit compressed blacks, similar to the Embedded DCP, this can be compensated with the black slider.
Title: Re: 645z DCP profile
Post by: Peter Devos on December 08, 2017, 08:42:47 am
Hi Micheal,
Thanks for the profile! I still do not understand why people think of the Pentax 645z as inferior to the Phase and Hasselblad makes but happely the system remains affordable :-)
Great pictures on your website!!!
Best Peter.
Title: Re: 645z DCP profile
Post by: uaiomex on December 22, 2017, 07:33:27 pm
Amazing work! True master of nude.
Title: Re: 645z DCP profile
Post by: BernardLanguillier on December 24, 2017, 10:49:45 pm
Thanks for the profile! I still do not understand why people think of the Pentax 645z as inferior to the Phase and Hasselblad makes but happely the system remains affordable :-)

When you spend 3 times the amount there is a strong incentive to think you are buying something better. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard