Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on November 27, 2017, 02:04:11 pm
-
It was so surreal that I'm afraid my photos will seem fake but they are not! :)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4546/37950129734_d5bc4946af_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZPwkpC)IMGP2098-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZPwkpC) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
It was so surreal that I'm afraid my photos will seem fake but they are not! :)
Yes I know what you mean, I have a few images that I have never shown or printed, as I am sure we all do, because we are worried that people wouldn't believe them. But if you know it is real, then it is real and that is all there is to it :)
I bet your heart was starting to pump really hard and your stress levels were going through the roof, when all those juicy colours started to appear across the sky?
And people think landscape photography is a somewhat sedentary process, but it definitely isn't when this type of thing starts to happen in front of you and you are ready for it, then it becomes a pure nerve tingling frenzy and you begin to work on pure instinct.
Good shooting sir!
Dave
-
Thanks!
Yes, it was exciting not only for the great opportunity to be taken advantage of or squandered but also because I was perched on rocks in the middle of a river with thousands of dollars worth of camera gear with me! :o
I actually went in near here a couple of weeks ago. The log I stepped on rotated and I slipped into the icy water. I stayed upright and it was only knee deep so that could have been much worse!
-
I like the reflections of the super-red sky in the water a lot. That's also what makes it surreal for me. But this look of the water is great.
-
One of your best Matt!
These colours do seem surreal but I have witnessed much of the same across parts of Queensland, Northern Territory, and Western Australia.
In our more tropical climes one may only have a couple of minutes to record such a scene so the heat is definitely on!
On another note - I have been watching your image posts over the years and the progression in quality and interest value increases unabated, so I eagerly await your next image post!
Tony Jay
-
Yes, you have a good track record here, Matt, and this one works nicely.
Eric
-
That's the kind of beauty that doesn't come around every day. Fantastic job capturing it and being in the right place at the right time. Water looks wonderful.
-
We've had some crazy sunsets here in Colorado recently and you captured this one beautifully!
-
Thanks for all the kind words! We had another banger of a sunset tonight so I'm hoping the streak will continue! :)
-
This is an entirely believable sunset.
The brilliant sunsets & sunrises in the Death Valley area/Mojave Desert and the American southwest (Arizona etc) are wild and that desert pink in the sky can be unreal.
-
It is only surreal to those who never watched something like this:) Nice photo.
-
Yes I know what you mean, I have a few images that I have never shown or printed, as I am sure we all do, because we are worried that people wouldn't believe them. But if you know it is real, then it is real and that is all there is to it :)
I bet your heart was starting to pump really hard and your stress levels were going through the roof, when all those juicy colours started to appear across the sky?
And people think landscape photography is a somewhat sedentary process, but it definitely isn't when this type of thing starts to happen in front of you and you are ready for it, then it becomes a pure nerve tingling frenzy and you begin to work on pure instinct.
Good shooting sir!
Dave
I have also some unbelievable taken the 31th of december.
Thierry