Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RobMacKillop on November 25, 2017, 10:15:11 am

Title: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
Post by: RobMacKillop on November 25, 2017, 10:15:11 am
My wife bought me this lens as a combined Christmas and birthday present, £450 from the Fuji Refurb shop - immaculate condition. I have been allowed a day and a half to try it out before it goes back in its box for Christmas Day...well, I had to check if it worked.

The XT20 is also new to me - just a couple of weeks, so I'm in the early days of exploring how to get the best out of it.

All shots hand-held. Raw files processed in Iridient Developer. No.4 went into Nik Colour for some Glamour Glow. I like the subtle colours of the lens and camera, but with No.4 I thought I'd explore pushing things. I prefer the more subtle colours of the other shots.

1. Soft Sun

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4518/37747832965_17e1bbb43f_c.jpg)[/url]

2. Subtle colours

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4539/37918103034_11c73f0c26_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZvDvCi)

3. Signet

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4557/37918102634_05ed62b777_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZLGbZ9)

4. Leaves in Frozen Water

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4520/38603343892_db2cc986d8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZLGbSf)

5. Wildlife!

(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4568/37918103544_6ab383c84f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/21PfedG)



 (https://flic.kr/p/ZLGc8W)
Title: Re: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
Post by: John R on November 25, 2017, 02:10:46 pm
I like them all. About the enhanced image, my feeling is the "look" suits the background, and comes across as more symbolic than literal.

I am keen to see images from the Fuji's because I am considering switching. It's either that, or go big and buy the Pentax K1 kit and be done with it. A friend at the club chose the T20 over the Sony. He love it.

JR
Title: Re: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
Post by: RobMacKillop on November 25, 2017, 02:34:51 pm
Cheers, John. I'm liking the XT20, but feel it's a little on the small size for my big hands. So I might invest in the extension they offer. The lenses, of course, are wonderful, though on the expensive side - though, as I mentioned, the Fuji Refurb shop is well worth a visit.
Title: Re: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
Post by: Alskoj on November 25, 2017, 06:07:40 pm
Love the leaves!
Title: Re: Out and About with the Fuji XT20 and 55-200mm lens
Post by: RobMacKillop on November 26, 2017, 02:52:50 am
Cheers, Alskoj.