Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 24, 2017, 11:54:23 am

Title: Late Riser
Post by: BobDavid on November 24, 2017, 11:54:23 am
I've always been a night owl, so I don't know what I'm missing at dawn. This was taken at dusk, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Colorado.
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Alskoj on November 24, 2017, 12:30:44 pm
Nice!  Sometimes dusk gets the better light, sometimes dawn.  It all evens out.
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: BobDavid on November 24, 2017, 06:05:21 pm
If I were twice the man, I'd be awake and alert at dawn and at dusk.
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: John R on November 24, 2017, 06:16:53 pm
The simplicity says it all. And there is also movement. Magnificent.

JR
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 24, 2017, 07:12:30 pm
If I were twice the man, I'd be awake and alert at dawn and at dusk.
I'm with you, Bob.
Some friends tell me that dawn can be nice, but I have to take their word for it.
Your dusk is a good one.

Eric
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Telecaster on November 24, 2017, 07:42:06 pm
If I were twice the man, I'd be awake and alert at dawn and at dusk.

When I travel I have no trouble syncing myself to the sun rising & setting. But at home: fuggetaboutit. Makes me wonder if my night owl nature is less about built-in tendency and more about my six-year-old self (still) protesting against being sent off to bed “too early” on school nights.  :D

-Dave-
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: francois on November 25, 2017, 07:12:25 am
Gorgeous shapes, lines, contrast and colors.
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on November 25, 2017, 08:07:54 am
Gorgeous shapes, lines, contrast and colors.

Indeed.
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Rob C on November 25, 2017, 08:12:16 am
Gorgeous shapes, lines, contrast and colors.

Yes, that's the magic of simplicity. It just, well, seems to work better than complex can.

Rob
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: Rob C on November 25, 2017, 08:14:25 am
Nice!  Sometimes dusk gets the better light, sometimes dawn.  It all evens out.

Having had to catch some early am light, it's my experience that evening is better: it has the softening quality of dusty air which night condensation usually removes.

Rob
Title: Re: Late Riser
Post by: petermfiore on November 25, 2017, 09:20:59 am
Yes, that's the magic of simplicity. It just, well, seems to work better than complex can.

Rob

That's one of the commandments of making powerful ART...

Peter