Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Leszek Piotrowski on November 23, 2017, 07:40:05 pm
-
I've often wondered If I could be OK floating around being weightless. Not!
Back in April 2015, took this spring time puddle shot,... hoping for some nice water reflections of the surrounding woods.
After inverting the image,... definitely decided to keep my feet on firm land.
-
I really like inverted reflection. Good job!
-
I like it but I feel uneasy after a short while.
-
Thank you Alskoj,Francois. I felt the same way Francois, as soon as I looked at it for a few seconds. Wonder if a small print would create that uneasy feeling as well.
-
Thank you Alskoj,Francois. I felt the same way Francois, as soon as I looked at it for a few seconds. Wonder if a small print would create that uneasy feeling as well.
Keep looking for other reflections!
-
I like it but I feel uneasy after a short while.
I really like it, it has a really good painterly feel to it, but I can see what you mean Francois about the disorientating counter play of the real elements interwoven into the reflected elements. But if you try to look at the image as a flat two dimensional object of just colours, lines and shapes etc, then it really works well I think.
In fact I would give this image a Bravo Leszek :)
Dave
-
Thanks again Alskoj,... puddles should be back in 5 months.
Dave,... your comments reflect what I had in my "minds-eye" when I looked at the scene,... but wasn't sure how the image would unfold,... your analysis is very much appreciated. Thank you. Now I will definitely make a print.
-
Uneasy is right. The original un-inverted image is quite beautiful.
-
Rajan, thank you kindly,.... not sure which version to settle on,... perhaps I'll make two prints and go from there.