Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RobMacKillop on November 23, 2017, 05:06:35 pm
-
I was in Atget mode here (Atget would have loved Edinburgh), but things didn’t quite work out that way. Note the shadow of the robot, lower right, and the alien’s two-digit hand, preparing to thrust itself down the stair. Unfortunately, I ran out of film for the fight…[Konica Hexar, XP2]
Sometimes it's best not to take yourself too seriously ;D
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4531/26829826179_1b0ef7011b_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/GSRSzZ)
(https://flic.kr/p/GSRSzZ)
-
Well, I thought it was funny ;D
-
It is, I guess, most people are busy preparing thanksgiving meals right now ... I mean over there, you know ...
-
...and shopping.
-
I guess you were being humorous when you came up with that alien narrative. Maybe you looked at it to long and came up with that. What comes across to me, instantly, is the grittiness of the environment. Even the overexposed areas lends to that feeling. Scary is the word I would use to describe this image. What went on there...
JR
-
Cheers, John. I know what you mean, but it's actually a very expensive part of Edinburgh. I couldn't afford to live there, even if I wanted to.
-
After looking at it several times I see that it is a rather humorous photo. Nice.
(I won't nag at you about parallel vertical lines).
-
Oh, please don't. I couldn't give a damn about them in shots like this. There are times when that matters, but not here. Thanks for your comment, though.