Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: digitaldog on November 21, 2017, 05:19:27 pm
-
[/font][/size]I've been seeing an issue with the formatting (above buttons) and issues pasting text from Safari. I'm creating this message in FireFox first. I'll click on the 'quote' button above, paste some text, then click on the 'quote' button again. What I see in FireFox is correct. First quote is applied: [/] then text with correct font size etc, then a 2nd and correct quote to follow: [/].
Here's the test:
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country
I will try the same process next in Safari, hopefully you'll see what it produces that's not ideal!
[/color][/font][/size]
-
Well it's not working perfectly in FireFox as I see this text after posting:
[/color][/font][/size]
Onto the identical test in Safari.
Hopefully this can be fixed UNLESS it's some odd behavior only from this Mac.....
-
Now in Safari, I'll try the same process below.
[size=78%][/font][/size]Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country[/font][/size]
[/font][/size]
What happens when I click on the 'quote' button is BOTH are inserted before the text and backwards: the backslash bracket is inserted first, which is the wrong order. Also any text I type is no longer the 'default' prior to using that Quote button. [/font][/size]
-
The text below in all examples is unedited prior to posting. The only way to fix this is to manually clean up the [/font][/size] and wrong quotes applied.
Anyone else?
-
I'm not entirely sure what you're doing?
The text below in all examples is unedited prior to posting. The only way to fix this is to manually clean up the [/font][/size] and wrong quotes applied.
Anyone else?
Another "quote"
I've quoted and typed some text. IE11 Win 10 from work.
?
-
I'm not entirely sure what you're doing?
Sorry, I thought I explained it.
- [size=78%]Enter new message[/size]
- [size=78%]Click once on the Quote button above[/size]
- [size=78%]Paste some text[/size]
- [size=78%]Click once on the Quote button above to end the quote[/size]
I get extra text and as you've just seen above, by simply clicking on the Inert Order List, my text size automatically changes.
Everything here and above have not be edited after posting. And I'm Mac OS.
-
So quoting you shows nothing, since it was all in a quote - that's expected.
Paste some text (I just pasted that).
Again, nothing quoted because all you previous message was in quotes.
Basically, everything's working fine from here. If you can test from another Mac maybe? It looks like you have rich formatted text that you're pasting which has embedded codes that are being translated (or mistranslated, I guess)?
-
So quoting you shows nothing, since it was all in a quote - that's expected.
Paste some text (I just pasted that).
Again, nothing quoted because all you previous message was in quotes.
Basically, everything's working fine from here. If you can test from another Mac maybe? It looks like you have rich formatted text that you're pasting which has embedded codes that are being translated (or mistranslated, I guess)?
Maybe I need to make a video as you're not getting the issue I'm seeing. What I see in the editor and what I get after clicking POST button isn't close to the same! I AM using quotes. The button doesn't work correctly on my Mac in Safari (or FireFox).
I can't paste text without it 'changing' visually and worse, place characters into the posted text that doesn't appear when I'm writing. Do you see:
[size=78%][/size] and so forth? I didn't ask for that, type it, I don't want it, it's being placed into the post, after I post IF for example I simply past some text.
-
Screen shots - pre-post and post-post :-)
-
Screen shots - pre-post and post-post :-)
Here's two. First is I'm just clicking once on the Quote button. Notice how it's backwards!
Next I simply pasted the text WHILE in the editor from what you wrote below it. That appears to be an issue on this end. Notice how it appears when it is pasted into the message body. Next I'll paste that text alone, in a new message, you'll see how it comes out.
Interesting: when I copy your text prior to entering the editor and paste, it's fine. If I copy and paste while the editor is up, when I paste, it's formatted (size/font) wrong.
-
Screen shots - pre-post and post-post :-)[/size]
-
Hey, guys, I didn't know there is a contest for the weirdest post on LuLa going on!? Wait, I'll have to think of something first, though Andrew's post is really hard to beat ;)
-
Andrew, clearly explain what you are looking for so I can have one of my developers look at it. Chances are though since the Forum software is a commercial product what you may be looking for may not be able to be obtained..
I am willing to explore it though.
-
Hey, guys, I didn't know there is a contest for the weirdest post on LuLa going on!? Wait, I'll have to think of something first, though Andrew's post is really hard to beat ;)
Thanks for the waste of time in solving this issue.
-
Thanks the waste of time in solving this issue.
I think the three of us have a hard time understanding what the issue is in the first place.
But I do see you might have issues with screen shots too (this is what I see):
-
Andrew, clearly explain what you are looking for so I can have one of my developers look at it. Chances are though since the Forum software is a commercial product what you may be looking for may not be able to be obtained..
I am willing to explore it though.
Well if I'm the only one reporting this issue, probably not worth the hassle but something odd is going on. I'd be happy to skype or similar with a developer so they can see this in 'real time'.
The one simple behavior that doesn't make sense is simply how the quote button works backwards as shown below. So if someone on a Mac with Safari, on OS 10.13.1 can verify if clicking on the button places the quotes correctly or not. Again, here's what I see with one click:
[size=78%][/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
-
I think the three of us have a hard time understanding what the issue is in the first place.
One of you certainly. Two are attempting to communicate to solve the issue. I've got plenty of quality help; please feel free to move on.
-
FWIW, so far, no issues on Safari on an Iphone X.
-
FWIW, so far, no issues on Safari on an Iphone X.
Ok... I tried it on both Safari and Chrome, clicking on the "quote" icon generates the proper order:
[ quote ] test [ /quote ] (spaces inserted deliberately by me)
test
-
Ok... I tried it on both Safari and Chrome, clicking on the "quote" icon generates the proper order:
[ quote ] test [ /quote ] (spaces inserted deliberately by me)
And you are running 10.13.1? And all you did was go into the editor and click the quote button once?
I get this:
[size=78%][/font][/size]
-
And you are running 10.13.1? And all you did was go into the editor and click the quote button once?
Yes, I am on OS 10.13.1 (High Sierra), Safari 11.0.1, and Chrome 62.0.3202.94.
However, clicking on the quote icon for the second time will result in a quote inside a quote:
[quote ][quote ] [/quote ][/quote ] (once again, spaces inserted deliberately by me)
-
How is this video in showing a part of my issue:
http://digitaldog.net/files/LuLaFormat.mp4 (http://digitaldog.net/files/LuLaFormat.mp4)
-
How is this video in showing a part of my issue:...
I see now what you are experiencing, but I can not replicate it, neither on Safari, nor Chrome.
Btw, I could not see your screenshots when viewed on Chrome, but could see them on Safari. That's equally weird as well.