Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on November 21, 2017, 04:29:20 am

Title: Barbershop
Post by: BobDavid on November 21, 2017, 04:29:20 am
...reminds me of a black and white TV picture (pre HD)...
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 21, 2017, 09:23:40 am
Love it!

But you need to round off the corners to complete the B&W TV look.
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: francois on November 21, 2017, 10:07:30 am
Love it!

But you need to round off the corners to complete the B&W TV look.

A bit of vignetting will work perfectly…

Nice shot by the way!
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: Otto Phocus on November 21, 2017, 10:29:58 am
Looks like your camera has some banding issues.   ;D

Maybe you can fix it in post.
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: farbschlurf on November 21, 2017, 02:08:33 pm
Cool one "band" is going right over the eyes.
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: Telecaster on November 21, 2017, 04:13:55 pm
A winner!

-Dave-
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: John R on November 21, 2017, 06:31:40 pm
Nice work Bob. I guess you deliberately chose to cover his eyes. Kind of eerie, a prelude to the Twilight Zone.

JR
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: BobDavid on November 21, 2017, 08:08:01 pm
Nice work Bob. I guess you deliberately chose to cover his eyes. Kind of eerie, a prelude to the Twilight Zone.

JR

You hit it on the head; I was thinking of the Twighlight Zone! And yes, I wanted the character to be unrecognizable. I am wary of photographing strangers. So, I am working on getting around that by experimenting with occlusions.
Title: Re: Barbershop
Post by: John R on November 21, 2017, 09:29:52 pm
You hit it on the head; I was thinking of the Twighlight Zone! And yes, I wanted the character to be unrecognizable. I am wary of photographing strangers. So, I am working on getting around that by experimenting with occlusions.
I don't think I would have the nerve to take that kind of photograph in that setting. Too many people get into trouble for taking pictures of strangers or kids. Not worth the trouble for me. At least the mirrorless cameras have a silent mode for those wanting to take street images.

JR