Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Dan Wells on November 12, 2017, 10:11:14 pm

Title: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: Dan Wells on November 12, 2017, 10:11:14 pm
Assuming that my Epson 7900 with a dead yellow channel (I have a thread on that) is really dead, and I can't bring it back to life, I have a show to print in the next few weeks and a dead printer. Does anyone in the Boston area have a 24" or 44" photo printer (Epson 7900, 9900 or P7000/9000, or Canon x300/x400/PRO 2000/4000) that I could rent time on? Or does anyone know of an operation that does this commercially (as opposed to making prints for people - I have a lot of the paper I want to use, and I've been making large-format prints for years, so I don't want to pay a lab if I can help it).
I need to print approximately:
15 24x36"
10 16x24"
10 12x18"
2 large panoramas
Possibly 30 8x12" (I may take those to a lab and have $2.99 C-41 prints made - they're for the "bargain bin", and I don't feel nearly as strongly about printing the little ones myself).

Thanks
Dan
Title: Re: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: mearussi on November 13, 2017, 11:02:11 am
For the amount of money it would cost you to have those printed professionally it would be cheaper to just buy a new P7000.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: MarkFarber on November 15, 2017, 01:44:05 pm
New England School of Photography, recently moved from Kenmore Sq to Waltham, rents time on their 2 Epson 24" printers (one PK, one MK).  It's possible they only rent to people who have taken classes there before.  https://www.nesop.edu/about-nesop/renting-facilities/   I believe the deal is $55/hour, which includes ink -- you bring your files and paper.

See also http://www.aviarygallery.com/photo-lab/ .  Haven't tried them.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: howardm on November 15, 2017, 03:14:05 pm
I thought they used to have 2 locations.  What you say indicates to me that maybe they closed Kenmore (Waltham has been there for quite a while).
Title: Re: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: mearussi on November 16, 2017, 07:06:39 am
Good point. There are rental digital darkrooms in my area too, so there might be some in the Boston area.
Title: Re: Does anyone have a large format printer (24" I could rent time on(Boston area)
Post by: MarkFarber on November 19, 2017, 11:35:11 am
NESOP closed Kenmore around Labor Day and moved to a new location in Waltham.