Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Alskoj on November 11, 2017, 06:36:29 pm

Title: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: Alskoj on November 11, 2017, 06:36:29 pm
This is the spillway for the Ralph Price Reservoir Dam.  Very powerful and loud.  If you are down stream from it you will feel a wind.

This is a 60 second exposure to smooth out the water a bit.
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: John R on November 11, 2017, 10:35:56 pm
My goodness, very interesting and very striking. But at same time, very unnatural looking.

JR
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 11, 2017, 11:35:37 pm
It looks like a flying saucer just beginning to "beam up."

Fascinating image.
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: farbschlurf on November 12, 2017, 05:14:28 am
Yes, very interestung - and confusing. After a while I understood, but the picture that came out really is fine. Would be worth trying different views and angles of that "thing", I think.
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: Alskoj on November 12, 2017, 04:47:52 pm
Yes, very interestung - and confusing. After a while I understood, but the picture that came out really is fine. Would be worth trying different views and angles of that "thing", I think.
I will definitely go back and work some more angles!
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: JNB_Rare on November 13, 2017, 09:08:35 am
My immediate thought was B&W to further distance the image from reality. Maybe combine this long-exposure water techniques with a second "John R" upward sweep shot for the trees?
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: Alskoj on November 13, 2017, 09:50:15 pm
My immediate thought was B&W to further distance the image from reality. Maybe combine this long-exposure water techniques with a second "John R" upward sweep shot for the trees?
B&W is a good option.  I'm new here. Who is John R?
Title: Re: Ralph Price Reservoir Dam
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 14, 2017, 12:21:25 am
B&W is a good option.  I'm new here. Who is John R?
John R posts interesting images frquently in the Abstractions thread. Hi images contain a "JMR" logo in the lower right corner.