Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Pluminland on November 11, 2017, 04:37:55 pm

Title: Epson P800 - Can I manually advance roll paper
Post by: Pluminland on November 11, 2017, 04:37:55 pm
Is there a way to manually advance roll paper in the Epson P800.  I mean a button or command that will roll the paper forward or back a few inches?

Title: Re: Epson P800 - Can I manually advance roll paper
Post by: BobShaw on November 15, 2017, 12:27:04 am
When I saw this I thought - Of course you can!
Then I went through the manual and found nothing on it, so maybe you can't.
I don't have the P800 still using a 3880 and starting to think that is not such a bad thing after all.
Title: Re: Epson P800 - Can I manually advance roll paper
Post by: Pluminland on November 15, 2017, 11:44:19 am
I find that the P800 seems to use a lot of extra media at times.  The abilty to roll it back a few inches could easily add another print or two to what I get on a roll.   Or maybe there is a way to control this?

The other day I stopped an 12x18 when I realized that the color balance was off.   But, it ejected .the entire 18 inches of paper and then a few more inches after that.  Other than reloading the paper I could not find an easy way get that 'extra' paper back on the roll.   

Maybe it is buried in some preference?  I need to check that out