Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Kevin Raber on November 01, 2017, 08:48:36 am

Title: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Kevin Raber on November 01, 2017, 08:48:36 am
The world of internet content providers and journalists is a small one.  It's a non-competitive one and we're all friends.  Many of you are familiar with Tony and Chelsea and their excellent YouTube channel.  https://www.youtube.com/user/VistaClues/videos

They embarked on a great project to raise money Clean Water For Puerto Rico.  It's a great cause.  Many of us have been donating prints and other things to help them raise money.  I posted a photo of a Greenland Sunrise at Devils Castle yesterday on the site.  I am offering a 13x19 print and will ship them by the end of the month. Help the cause if you would and click over the site and donate and receive one of my prints.

TIME IS LIMITED This offer ends tomorrow.

https://chuffed.org/project/clean-water-for-pr

You'll be helping a good cause. 
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 01, 2017, 09:03:11 am
Kevin,

Thanks for doing this. It is a wonderful example of putting photography directly to work for the welfare of humanity. It's a pleasure to be able to support the struggling people of Puerto Rico in this magnificent way. We are a world community and climate disasters know no national boundaries; they can strike anywhere at any time causing massive long-term disruption and suffering. I have just donated selecting your print, which from what I see on their site means that there are only 4 left; but they also have other worthwhile photographic items of recognition for those who donate.

Mark
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Kevin Raber on November 01, 2017, 09:18:15 am
Thanks, Mark.  It's such a worthwhile cause.  PR is still suffering big time.  I hope some others step up and help out.
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: schertz on November 01, 2017, 09:19:05 am
Thanks Kevin for doing this. While I don't usually engage with Tony's YouTube content, I have a lot of respect for him and Chelsea in helping to set up these relief efforts and was glad to donate to this worthy cause.

Mike

PS. 3 signed prints left...  ;)
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on November 01, 2017, 12:32:21 pm
  Hiya Kev, I just claimed one of your prints too. He probably wouldn't remember it, but I chatted with Tony a few years back when he stopped in at my booth at the Meet The Artists And Artisans art fair at Olde Mystic Village.

As you & so many others have said it is for sure a very worthwhile cause!!

 Kevin in CT
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Telecaster on November 02, 2017, 08:46:45 pm
One of my sci-comm acquaintances clued me into this project a couple weeks ago. The water filters are very effective and helpful tech! Funding some of ‘em seemed like the least I could do. And the need for clean drinking water persists…

-Dave-
Title: Re: Help Tony and Chelsea with Clean Water for Puerto Rico
Post by: Rand47 on November 10, 2017, 02:40:12 pm
Darn... I'm too late to the party do donate!!!  Let me suggest that "with discretion" Kevin and Chris should put things like this on the BANNER in LULA home page, and perhaps a "sticky" thread in all the forums at the top.  I would have liked to contribute, but "just didn't know."  I do contribute via other charitable organizations, but would love to have joined fellow photographers in support of this one, too.

Rand