Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: tonysiciliano1 on October 31, 2017, 06:26:32 pm

Title: Lacie 2Big Thunderbolt 1 with 2 6TB hard drives, can I put in larger drives?
Post by: tonysiciliano1 on October 31, 2017, 06:26:32 pm
I am running out of storage space and need to get larger hard drives. I currently have a Lacie 2Big Thunderbolt 1 system that contains two 6 TB hard drives. The instruction manual, from 2013, states that the largest compatible hard drive I can put in the unit is the 6 TB drive I already have. Does anybody know if I can swap larger hard drives into the unit, ie a 10 TB or one of the new 12 TB?
Title: Re: Lacie 2Big Thunderbolt 1 with 2 6TB hard drives, can I put in larger drives?
Post by: BobShaw on November 01, 2017, 05:10:10 pm
You have two similar questions. See the answer for the other one.
Probably yes but you probably don't need to.