Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Laminarman on October 29, 2017, 06:02:34 pm

Title: Error: invalid color with Spectraview II on NEC 2490WUXi
Post by: Laminarman on October 29, 2017, 06:02:34 pm
I have calibrated this monitor in the past, now for some reason am unable to.  Pulling my hair out googling this and I keep getting an error saying I have an invalid color once I get to the greens.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled the latest software from NEC, rebooted, googled ad nauseum.  Ready to throw the thing against the wall unless someone smarter than me chimes in : (
Title: Re: Error: invalid color with Spectraview II on NEC 2490WUXi
Post by: Laminarman on October 29, 2017, 06:49:40 pm
As an aside, if there's a better display software and tool to use with this monitor I'd entertain that as well. 
Title: Re: Error: invalid color with Spectraview II on NEC 2490WUXi
Post by: donbga on October 29, 2017, 08:01:12 pm
You have a hardware generated error call NEC tech support. FWI, Spectraview is pretty damn good calibration software.
Title: Re: Error: invalid color with Spectraview II on NEC 2490WUXi
Post by: Laminarman on November 03, 2017, 12:26:53 pm
Got through to tech support from NEC, which was awesome.  Seems the sensor crapped out after they had me run a bunch of tests.  I asked him how, it's kept covered in a drawer and used only periodically but apparently this happens.  So ordered the new sensor from BH Photo.  Fingers crossed. 
Title: Re: Error: invalid color with Spectraview II on NEC 2490WUXi
Post by: daicehawk on November 03, 2017, 06:05:22 pm
Got through to tech support from NEC, which was awesome.  Seems the sensor crapped out after they had me run a bunch of tests.  I asked him how, it's kept covered in a drawer and used only periodically but apparently this happens.  So ordered the new sensor from BH Photo.  Fingers crossed.
I have had a failed built-in colorimeter on Eizo CG245W, which did not cause an error but the blue was cyan. IIRC, the grey axis was intact using the native calibration software. So such things may happen.