Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 24, 2017, 10:36:59 am
-
Great light lately. I took these last night while getting the dog out. A little breezy but a great show!
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4465/37635560950_05331cb278_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ64U)IMGP2455-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ64U) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4456/37635559510_6c8861c1f9_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ5D5)IMGP2466-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ5D5) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4471/37635557970_de95d7edde_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ5bw)IMGP2473-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/ZkJ5bw) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
Sad to see the river that low.
-
The first two are beautiful.
-
Sad to see the river that low.
It's actually pretty full right now for this time of year. It flows into Blue Mesa Reservoir right here and that level fluctuates significantly throughout the year. Often in the fall it's a lot lower but we had big snow last winter so it has stayed pretty full while still letting enough water out to meet our obligations to downstream users.
-
The first two are beautiful.
Thanks! The light was definitely softer on that side of the hill and I could also get out of the wind and expose a little longer. Looking west, I had to use a faster shutter since it was gusty and that made the water look rougher than I would have preferred.
-
All very nice!
-
All are nice; the first one fires on all cylinders for me ... the light, composition, tones ... the whole nine yards (mixing metaphors to be sure).
-
Nice!