Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 22, 2017, 12:51:31 pm

Title: greens…
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 22, 2017, 12:51:31 pm
…and a little red.

Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 22, 2017, 01:28:15 pm
I can see it as a deep, dark, succulent black and white.
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 22, 2017, 02:34:24 pm
I like it as is.
Slobodan's suggestion is worth a try, too.
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 22, 2017, 03:55:10 pm
Very nice, Jeremy. This would be a good candidate for focus stacking.
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: francois on October 23, 2017, 03:30:56 am
I also like it as it is… Don't touch it.
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: armand on October 27, 2017, 11:57:34 am
I like it. One of the things that's difficult is not to have oof areas on your way to the point of interest (other than focus stack), here you are almost there (I'm talking about the slanted leaf on the bottom right).
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 29, 2017, 08:14:09 am
I can see it as a deep, dark, succulent black and white.

Something like this? I'm not entirely convinced, I must confess.

Jeremy
Title: Re: greens…
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 29, 2017, 09:28:27 am
Having seen the Green version I didn't think I would care for a BW conversion, but this is very elegant.
The lines and forms and composition really speak in the B&W version.

The question of colour or black and white for an image like this reminds me of a similar quandary I had with photos I took a few years ago in the rain forest on Vancouver Island. At the time, I was captivated by the lush greens, but when I processed the images, the greens seemed overwhelming. Eventually I converted the best to black and white and find that I prefer them.

Not an easy choice, but a fine image either way.

-Eric

P.S. I misspelled "color" just to keep you happy, Jeremy.   ;)