Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 21, 2017, 01:03:14 pm
-
This appeals to me. I'm not sure why. Anyone?
Jeremy
-
The only bright spot in the palace of justice? ;)
-
I like this shot too Jeremy but I am not sure why. I need to ponder it a bit more.
Chuck
-
+1
-
We'll executed! But dang those stair rails...
-
I feel the stair rails are essential to the image. The way they slant in opposite directions frames the upright lamp nicely. They feel as if they are tiptoeing around the lamp, and that gives the lamp additional importance.
Weird but effective, IMHO.
Eric
-
The bottom rail does take attention away from the overall design and leads the eye out of the image. If you crop (yes crop) the image off the top you will get a more graphic style image with zig-zag lines framing the light. However, I do not feel it is strong image to begin with. I shot subjects like this last year and everything had a deep gold cast. It was awful, so I converted some to bw and everything looked better. If the aim is ambiance, the overwhelming lines steal the show.
JR
-
The only bright spot in the palace of justice? ;)
It's in the Boston public library, in fact.
We'll executed! But dang those stair rails...
I feel the stair rails are essential to the image. The way they slant in opposite directions frames the upright lamp nicely. They feel as if they are tiptoeing around the lamp, and that gives the lamp additional importance.
Weird but effective, IMHO.
Thanks, all.
I wondered about the rails. Removing them (without cropping, John!) would be pretty trivial to do with CAF and clone stamp, but I don't think I'd like the result.
Jeremy
-
It's in the Boston public library, in fact.
Now I'll have to look for your lamp the next time I'm in the BPL. I never spotted it before.
Do keep the rails, please!
Eric
-
Love it just the way it is.