Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on October 20, 2017, 10:28:05 pm

Title: "733"
Post by: Todd Suttles on October 20, 2017, 10:28:05 pm
A shot from South Georgia of the "contemporary south". Any appeal and C&C?
Title: Re: "733"
Post by: BobDavid on October 21, 2017, 01:37:40 pm
Good photo for your American South series.
Title: Re: "733"
Post by: brandtb on October 23, 2017, 09:39:55 am
Not strong. Interesting tableau. You're ending up with hundreds and hundreds of "lines"...something to think about. They take over somewhat...the character of the tableau. /B
Title: Re: "733"
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 23, 2017, 11:37:24 am
I kind-of like it, but I like lines. 

The shadow detail generally seems adequate except around the dollar sign in the middle.  [I'm not sure to what it is attached.]  Or if you can bring up the shadow detail generally it might provide the lines with more of a home?

Bruce
Title: Re: "733"
Post by: farbschlurf on October 23, 2017, 12:03:47 pm
The subject is pretty good, don't know whether the "frame" out of this pillars (?) is too much, maybe one would be enough? Well, I wasn't there, and it's a complex scene, maybe a less "rectangular" composition would have been an option? Just thinking aloud.