Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: madlantern on October 18, 2017, 05:55:21 pm

Title: XCD 120mm Macro comparison
Post by: madlantern on October 18, 2017, 05:55:21 pm
Just got my 120mm Macro for the X1D, and I did a very quick and rough comparison with the Canon 100mm L f/2.8 Macro I had on hand.

The Hasselblad is obvious sharper in the corners wide open, but in the center and stepped down, the difference becomes much smaller.

(http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/5ji2Iz.png) (https://imageshack.com/i/po5ji2Izp)
(http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/922/CYHTZ5.png) (https://imageshack.com/i/pmCYHTZ5p)
(http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/9NmorV.png) (https://imageshack.com/i/po9NmorVp)
(http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/923/Z9bGj6.png) (https://imageshack.com/i/pnZ9bGj6p)
(http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/924/E1vb43.png) (https://imageshack.com/i/poE1vb43p)
Title: Re: XCD 120mm Macro comparison
Post by: siddhaarta on October 19, 2017, 08:53:04 am
Thanks for this !!

Lucky you to get one of these unicorns. My German dealer said me I have to wait some more months to get one (I preordered mine in April).

May I ask where did you buy your copy?
Title: Re: XCD 120mm Macro comparison
Post by: Brad P on October 19, 2017, 01:35:38 pm
Thanks for this.   I also have the same question as Siddhaarta.  Did you get this commercially and from where?   There are some reports on another forum its release may be early next year.