Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on October 15, 2017, 12:39:56 pm
-
Back home where the weather has been poor for photography and we are waiting for the tail end of hurricane Ophelia to hit but that will probably just blow the leaves off before the colours can develop fully and dump a load more rain on the already saturated ground so more flooding could be a problem. The rain actually stopped on Thursday so I got a chance to get out for a walk and got this image from Shepherds Crag looking into Borrowdale. All comments welcome. Ken
-
Beautiful light.
-
Beautiful scene, Ken. Your work on the sky makes it very dramatic but I think you've overdone it a bit; and there's quite marked haloing (very visible in the thumbnail, interestingly) along the ridge both right and left.
Ophelia's tail is predicted soon, but the forecast, for Manchester at least, is dry and intermittently sunny for the next few days. Maybe we'll escape.
Jeremy
-
Very dramatic. I like it.
-
Beautiful light and landscape.
-
Beautiful scene, Ken. Your work on the sky makes it very dramatic but I think you've overdone it a bit; and there's quite marked haloing (very visible in the thumbnail, interestingly) along the ridge both right and left.
Ophelia's tail is predicted soon, but the forecast, for Manchester at least, is dry and intermittently sunny for the next few days. Maybe we'll escape.
Jeremy
Yes very nice scene, but the sky is a bit overprocessed for me too.
Thierry
-
Thanks for the comments. Jeremy the haloing was mostly happenstance plus a tiny bit of CA. I have lightened the sky and tinkered with the image but have noticed that I processed the image as an 8bit sRGB so my usual darken the sky a bit may have made it gritty. I may go back and redo it from the beginning depending on how long this storm lasts. Wonderful sky today with saharan dust turning the sky very dark pink and triggering the town's automatic street lights at mid day today. Ken
-
I agree with Jeremy's comment on the sky (first version) but I must say that my eyes don't stay on the upper part of the frame for long. They go and stay on the lush well lit green grass.
Bravo.