Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Alskoj on October 15, 2017, 12:34:12 pm
-
Different shots of a log from this morning. Some normal, some long exposure.
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4505/37713483151_2ba65c940c_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZsBsC8)Pond-10-15-17-1-3 (https://flic.kr/p/ZsBsC8) by Joseph Alsko (https://www.flickr.com/photos/20yearsusaf/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4463/37456462280_530b4b8744_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Z4UagN)Pond-10-15-17-1-4 (https://flic.kr/p/Z4UagN) by Joseph Alsko (https://www.flickr.com/photos/20yearsusaf/), on Flickr
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4479/37665589486_3460a7020d_h.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/ZonZvh)Pond-10-15-17-1-7 (https://flic.kr/p/ZonZvh) by Joseph Alsko (https://www.flickr.com/photos/20yearsusaf/), on Flickr
-
I'm not mad on the first, but the other two are fine shots. I'd like to see some more space at the top, if possible (though the shadow on the upper right of #3 suggests it might not have been).
Jeremy
-
They are fascinating. My fave is the third.
-
The long exposure shots are clever. I like the way the log is sharp but the reflection is just blured enough.
-
I think # 2 and # 3 are stronger than the first one. There's a lot of potential for a series.
-
Thanks all!
(I threw the first one in as a standard exposure baseline.)
-
Like the second and third ones. But perhaps you may reduce some filters you've applied because they look a tad overcooked to me.
-
Like the second and third ones. But perhaps you may reduce some filters you've applied because they look a tad overcooked to me.
I'm not sure what you mean.
-
I'm not sure what you mean.
The log in #2 and #3 looks at me as if it was treated seperately from the background by a mask which doesn't fit properly. But maybe it's just a jpeg artifact caused by compression. Or my old eyes which can't cope with hard contrasts anymore. :-\
-
The log in #2 and #3 looks at me as if it was treated seperately from the background by a mask which doesn't fit properly. But maybe it's just a jpeg artifact caused by compression. Or my old eyes which can't cope with hard contrasts anymore. :-\
No worries, they're just long exposures. No masking. All my stuff is straight photography. I don't know how to do all the fancy digital stuff.
-
What was the shutter setting for the second shot?
-
What was the shutter setting for the second shot?
60 seconds for #2 and #3. 10 stop B+W ND filter. ISO 50, f16.
-
The long ones work pretty well.