Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: sc_john on October 11, 2017, 04:47:58 pm
-
I am considering a Mamiya 200/2.8 APO (and the compatible Mamiya 2X TC) for use with Phase XF3100. I know the lens has to be modified, but that is easily accomplished. I have read the thread concerning longer lenses on Fuji GFX, and it is encouraging. However, I wanted to see if any one has experience with higher mp backs (80mp, 100mp). FWIW, I will use the lens primarily for landscape, so MF shouldn't be a problem. Thanks
John
-
Only one way to find out
-
You will need to adapt the mount of the lens and converter to work with the XF. In my experience with this combo is that it benefits from deconvolution sharpening even on the Fuji. I personally use piccure+ with mine and the results are excellent.
It’ll work but don’t expect blue ring phase one lens performance.
-
Based on Graham's Monument Valley shot using the Mamiya APO 300 I acquired one where the AF works on the XF. Not bad quality. Later got the 105-210 which also AF's on the XF. Quality not as good as the 300.Then got the 500 C which required a small adaption and its not that bad. Sold my 240 as a result of the aforementioned lenses and the fact I am now getting into tech cams these days.