Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on October 07, 2017, 04:08:31 am

Title: a painted plate
Post by: BobDavid on October 07, 2017, 04:08:31 am
hanging on the wall
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 07, 2017, 10:18:05 am
I expect to see a "circles" portfolio on your website soon, Bob.
Keep 'em coming!

-Eric
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 07, 2017, 11:10:43 am
I tried to see more of them, but I couldn't find what I thought I had seen posted recently.

If it were me, I would try to find a real wall to put them on, or decenter them on white.

Bruce
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: BobDavid on October 07, 2017, 02:01:00 pm
I tried to see more of them, but I couldn't find what I thought I had seen posted recently.

If it were me, I would try to find a real wall to put them on, or decenter them on white.

Bruce

Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 07, 2017, 05:03:45 pm
Oh, right, that was pretty close to white.  And on that page they don't seem so centered. 

Of course it depends on the greater field. It is just that it seems to me, if one wants to have a non-rectilinear image it helps not to be centered on a rectangle.  Centering combined with the weight of tradition tends to incorporate the rectangle into the image.

Aside, chewing on that image with the  magic-eraser tool gave me the idea for using gnawed on fade-out edges in my own work.

Bruce
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: BobDavid on October 07, 2017, 06:03:54 pm
a circle in a square, nothing more and nothing less
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 07, 2017, 06:52:29 pm
a circle in a square, nothing more and nothing less
I agree.
Title: Re: a painted plate
Post by: Bruce Cox on October 07, 2017, 07:01:20 pm
Sorry, my mistake. 

I want to make non-rectilinear images.  It doesn't mean other people need to make them.

Bruce