Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: glennedens on September 11, 2006, 07:32:26 pm

Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: glennedens on September 11, 2006, 07:32:26 pm
Any suggestions for a camera bag that works for the following system:

Hasselblad H2 body with
HC 35mm lens
HC 50-100mm zoom lens
HC 210mm lens
HC 1.7x converter

It seems like a number of folks are using that setup, which bags did you pick?

Thanks,

-g
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: MarkKay on September 11, 2006, 10:43:24 pm
I have the same setup except instead of the 1.7x have two extension tubes.  In addition, I have a leaf aptus back.  I have been using a F64 backpack with great success.  i get everything in including charges and can likely fit another big lens like the 120mm macro that i just ordered.  I also ordered a used lightware bag that came to my office today but i am  leaving town before i get a chance to test it out.  


Quote
Any suggestions for a camera bag that works for the following system:

Hasselblad H2 body with
HC 35mm lens
HC 50-100mm zoom lens
HC 210mm lens
HC 1.7x converter

It seems like a number of folks are using that setup, which bags did you pick?

Thanks,

-g
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76088\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: ericstaud on September 11, 2006, 11:22:15 pm
Think tank makes very nice bags...

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtScrty.php (http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtScrty.php)

I have a Gitzo 1258 tripod, Alpa 12SWA, 4 Digitars, Aptus 75, hard drive....

Nice way to roll around $50,000

-Eric
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: MarkKay on September 11, 2006, 11:53:27 pm
Eric.. I looked at that bag or suitcase at a local shop. I almost bought one. I think it is really nice but although you could use it as a backpack, it was not very comfortable.  This lightware 1420 bag  is made for multi format and you can buy a well set if you want to use it as a suitcase.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...oughType=search (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=31410&is=REG&addedTroughType=search)

http://www.lightwareinc.com/site/index.cfm...%20Use&Cat_ID=2 (http://www.lightwareinc.com/site/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.product_display&Prod_ID=245&Cat_Name=Multi%20Formats|Multi%20Use&Cat_ID=2)

Quote
Think tank makes very nice bags...

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtScrty.php (http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_ArprtScrty.php)

I have a Gitzo 1258 tripod, Alpa 12SWA, 4 Digitars, Aptus 75, hard drive....

Nice way to roll around $50,000

-Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76095\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: ericstaud on September 12, 2006, 03:50:11 am
Yes, I would not use the think tank roller bag as a back pack.  I would want something with a really substantial waist belt which is ergonomically designed as a real back back.  Those exist, but for airline carry on they are mostly the wrong size.. often too thick.
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: RicAgu on September 12, 2006, 05:25:41 pm
Hello,

I own a Think Tank Photo Aiport Security on wheels.  It is by far the best bag for traveling.  Have yet to be turned away from the check in.  Fits perfectly in every plane I have flown in.  Fits an entire H1/2 with four lenses and two Canon 1Ds Mark II bodies with four lenses and all the appropriate chargers and spare batteries.  I love it!  Get the bazooka tube and you can carry around a medium tripod with you.

Now if you are needing a backpacker then look at LowePro or Lightware.  I have several Low Pro Rollers and they are also awesome.  But the Think Tank Photo is by far the best bag available for any urban environment.

Best of Luck with your choice.
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: ericstaud on September 12, 2006, 06:50:39 pm
Backpacks that put the weight on your shoulders should not be worn.  They are very bad for your back.  Backpacks for camping-hiking have long since put the weight of the bag on your hips using substantial waist belts.  Nicer bags like the Lowe pro's have the more sophisticated adjustments which make wearing your camera more ergonomic for extended time.  I think most photo back packs are meant for a short trip.. like 5 minutes of walking.  For me, most of those trips are better made with the camera on wheels.

The airport security is a great carry on for me.  It cannot be checked though (if you are in London)

-Eric
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: bjornaagedk on May 24, 2007, 02:41:08 pm
Quote
Hello,

I own a Think Tank Photo Aiport Security on wheels.  It is by far the best bag for traveling.  Have yet to be turned away from the check in.  Fits perfectly in every plane I have flown in.  Fits an entire H1/2 with four lenses and two Canon 1Ds Mark II bodies with four lenses and all the appropriate chargers and spare batteries.  I love it!  Get the bazooka tube and you can carry around a medium tripod with you.

Now if you are needing a backpacker then look at LowePro or Lightware.  I have several Low Pro Rollers and they are also awesome.  But the Think Tank Photo is by far the best bag available for any urban environment.

Best of Luck with your choice.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76143\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]



Will the bag hold a 15" or 17" mac book pro as well ??

Bjørn
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: RicAgu on May 24, 2007, 03:32:49 pm
Yes it will.  it has an outside stretch area and you can either buy their sleeve or use your own.

Best,

RA

Quote
Will the bag hold a 15" or 17" mac book pro as well ??

Bjørn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119423\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: MarkKay on May 24, 2007, 03:54:38 pm
I have the think tank wheeled bag and have use it quite commonly for my Hassy H2 and aptus back.  I can fit my camera, back, 35mm, 100mm, 120mm macro, 210mm,  50-110mm. 1.7x mutar, and extension tubes with the batteries, chargers and ND Lee graduated filter back.  I bought a slim case for my mac 15" laptop and can say if i take out one of the big lenses, I can get it to fit.  The bag comes advertised with an outer pocket that will carry a laptop but my 15" mac is too large. THus it has to fit on top of the camera.  As along as you have everything flush, you can fit the laptop.  Mark

Quote
Will the bag hold a 15" or 17" mac book pro as well ??

Bjørn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119423\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Title: H2 System bag choices
Post by: Morgan_Moore on May 25, 2007, 07:35:33 am
Quote
Any suggestions for a camera bag that works for the following system:

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76088\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

personally I hate ruck sacks

you dont bother to close it

then pick it up

and all your gear pours out onto the deck

I use billinghams - three small ones

and carry up to two one off each shoulder for nice balance

for flying I have a massive fake samsonite that takes two billinghams

for walking I stuff them in a bergen rucksack

I would always take the one with the DB and zoom and 15apple as hand luggage and gamble on the other lenses going in the hold in the fake samsonite which doesnt shout 'posh photogear'

SMM