Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: maxs on October 05, 2017, 04:29:30 am
-
Stupid question but what is the difference between a Z3200 and Z3200PS? I know the PS stands for PostScript but if I was to buy one which one should I be buying? I am mainly going to be printing photographs!
Thx
-
Stupid question but what is the difference between a Z3200 and Z3200PS? I know the PS stands for PostScript but if I was to buy one which one should I be buying? I am mainly going to be printing photographs!
Thx
I do not think there are new plain Z3200's on the market anymore but secondhand there will be. For photography you would not need the PS version. Stay in RGB (good plan anyway) use the PCL3 driver with a program like Qimage Ultimate or similar (Mac version should come one day) use RGB-device printer profiles that the printer + Color Center can create, Rasterize the few Postscript based files PDF etc with Photoshop in a sensible workflow that takes care of the assigned color spaces.
http://ddisoftware.com/tech/qimage-ultimate/mac-version/
Hard to say what is still supported in Windows/Mac in relation to the spectrometer features but in the past there was extra profile creator software in the PS version. However the normal Color Center software for the Z3200 is as good in my opinion.
PS3 + PCL3 driver possible on the -PS where the plain version only can use the PCL3 software. PS has HPGL2 driver extra as well if I recall it correctly. Maximum print length increased between my plain Z3100 and my Z3200-PS. Hard to say whether that still makes a difference between plain and -PS for the Z3200. HP Printer Utility had more features for the -PS version. Pantone support on the -PS. There must be more .......
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots