Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: praja343 on October 04, 2017, 11:30:15 am

Title: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: praja343 on October 04, 2017, 11:30:15 am
I have printed on the Moab Entrada double sided paper which has a matte finish. Are there papers that I can print on both sides that have luster or glossy finish? Medium weight would be ideal. Searched the Printing section of the forum and didn't find much.
Thanks.
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: praja343 on October 04, 2017, 11:37:24 am
Mark Segal : Though I did a search, your comment regarding "Moab Lasal Dual Semigloss is also 2-sided, and a quite nice Luster paper" didn't show up. So I have one candidate. It would be very useful if there are any papers that people on LuLa can recommend.
Thanks.
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: mcrepsej on October 04, 2017, 11:38:05 am
MediaJet Pearl Smooth Lustre Duo 260 gr/m² as long as stock is available. Change to 320 gr.

Iversen Company in Denmark still has stock  :)
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: Mark D Segal on October 04, 2017, 11:47:41 am
Mark Segal : Though I did a search, your comment regarding "Moab Lasal Dual Semigloss is also 2-sided, and a quite nice Luster paper" didn't show up. So I have one candidate. It would be very useful if there are any papers that people on LuLa can recommend.
Thanks.

There's something wrong with the search, because it is here: Moab Papers Review (https://luminous-landscape.com/moab-entrada-somerset-lasal-slickrock-paper-review/)
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: schertz on October 04, 2017, 02:32:11 pm
I have printed on the Moab Entrada double sided paper which has a matte finish. Are there papers that I can print on both sides that have luster or glossy finish? Medium weight would be ideal. Searched the Printing section of the forum and didn't find much.
Thanks.

Ilford has a semigloss duo paper as well. I can't say anything about it, as I've never tried it.
Regards,
Mike
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: praja343 on October 04, 2017, 10:55:13 pm
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Mark: I did find the reference from your review article and that is what I mentioned in my first reply. The search function apparently didn't equate "2 sided" with "double sided".  So now I have at least three different options. Thanks.
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: mearussi on October 04, 2017, 11:01:25 pm
Never used it but it's another option: http://www.inkpresspaper.com/profiles.asp?PaperID=30
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: praja343 on October 04, 2017, 11:09:28 pm
Thank you Mearussi.
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 05, 2017, 12:26:55 am
Inkjetart has dual sided lustre in several sizes.  I use their media all the time.  Excellent products and service.

https://www.itsupplies.com/InkJetArt-Micro-Ceramic-Hi-Luster-Duo-17x22-20-Sheets
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on October 05, 2017, 05:20:46 am
Felix Schoeller H62204 and the ones in the screengrab. Does not show the RC Gloss types available. Availability in US, EU will differ but several brands will have the same paper relabeled.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Double sided luster or glossy paper
Post by: praja343 on October 05, 2017, 07:59:51 am
Thanks Ernst and Peter.