Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: farbschlurf on October 04, 2017, 03:33:03 am
-
Here's a small series of ten pictures, I put a good deal of work in. It's an excerpt of a slightly more comprehensive little book with 18 pictures I made and got printed.
These are not "landscape" at all, nor they are or meant to be appealing. They are from film btw (Portra 160).
Any comments welcome! I just thought after some discussion elsewhere here on LuLa, I just give the "portfolio critique" a try. Of course I am interested in feedback.
One specific question also: What about the title? I'm not a native speaker, so I really don't know, whether the title "Rural City Market" is appropriate or misleading, just bad, or somewhat fitting. I basically wanted to stress the rather absurd contradiction visible in the Photos already in the title, also.
Thanks!!
-
#2
-
#3
-
I like the title, and really like the soft & light tonality of the photos.
-Dave-
-
I like the title, and really like the soft & light tonality of the photos.
-Dave-
Me too. To me they express the irony of attempting to bring the rural into the city.
A nice set.
Eric
-
Thanks for looking. The funny thing is, I crossed that market about 10 times before I became aware of how ridiculous the scene is, basically. I made three attempts to take photos, and was lucky one day there was that light haze that somewhat muted the buildings in the background. Thanks again!