Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on October 03, 2017, 10:38:46 am

Title: Egret
Post by: RSL on October 03, 2017, 10:38:46 am
From yesterday afternoon.
Title: Re: Egret
Post by: BobDavid on October 03, 2017, 03:24:00 pm
Egrets, Ibises, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Herons, and parrots used to come visit our backyard, along the canal, when we lived in Sarasota. I miss that.
Title: Re: Egret
Post by: degrub on October 03, 2017, 08:23:20 pm
Nicely balanced.
Title: Re: Egret
Post by: RSL on October 04, 2017, 08:01:31 am
I checked in with our local expert and found, as I'd suspected, that I was wrong. This is an immature little blue heron.
Title: Re: Egret
Post by: BobDavid on October 05, 2017, 10:54:26 am
Do you regret it's not an Egret?
Title: Re: Egret
Post by: RSL on October 05, 2017, 11:44:03 am
Not at all, Bob. I've got egrets coming out my ears. But I've made a bunch of shots of little blue as an adult and I should have recognized the relationship. Look at the beaks on this guy and the original shot. I didn't realize that little blue is little white as a kid.